Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ode to the Dial-Up Modem

Well, dear readers, we've almost reached an important milestone.  Next week marks a year that I've been posting stories, poems, and other nonsense to this blog.  But we'll wait for the full nostalgia until the momentous day next Tuesday.  In the meantime, treat yourself to a small helping of reminiscing with this poem.

Whir-whiz-biz-buzz
This old thing sure sounds like fuzz
Tink-whop-zee-wee
Still, it makes life easy for me

Clunk-bunk-zip-wiz
How it works is like a quiz
Whoo-bloo-beep-zeer
All I know is it sounds queer

Zee-squee-woa-eet
Internet is mighty neat
Toot-wok-wok-plat
My mail loads in ten minutes flat

Quee-lee-woop-ta
It lets me search through lots of data
Loo-pwee-hee-wour
As long as I wait at least an hour

Beep-tweet-woo-wir
This invention will live forever
Zeet-hoo-pwoo-tur
I can’t imagine anything faster

Ping-wok-oo-ding
Wait, is this page still loading?
Wee-hoot-tweep-ting
It’s been a day and counting

Zwee-lee-woo-ate
Maybe dial-up is not so great
Ting-ting-boop-bate
And these sounds won’t let me think straight

Weeeeee—CRASH!
There.  Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment