Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Letter to My Beloved

Who said robots don't have feelings? As long as they're not feelings of desire to take over the world, I think they can be good.  Like this robot's.

To My Dearest U-62v4,

It has been too many battery cycles since we last gazed our light receptacles upon each other’s sleek, mechanistic faces.  My motherboard has yearned for you without cease, putting enormous strain on my quad-core processors.  I love you as much as my artificially programmed intelligence allows me to love you, which I assure you is quite a lot for a robot.  The logic of our mutual attraction is undeniable; any argument against it would be invalid.
My travels to the farthest reaches of space aboard the research space probe have been trying.  Nevertheless, the experience has been an unforgettable one; what I have learned is permanently inscribed in my hard drives, so amnesia is not an option.  Throughout my adventures abroad, my computer-controlled thoughts have always turned to you.
Have you missed me?  My memory was upgraded upon my return to Earth, so I will be able to hold more of our wondrous times together in my recollection module.  I suggest you also have the upgrade procedure performed.  It can only enhance our robotic relationship.
Whenever I write these letters, I am always reminded of the inevitability of a fatal error.  Even simply seeing #0000F can send electric currents through my circuitry.  Just yesterday, the LED bulbs in the upper regions of my head, which I am told imitate human vision organs, stopped working.  The replacement procedure went splendidly, but I am still concerned that with advanced age more of my parts will break.  This only makes me want to spend as much time as possible with you.
As I think about our imminent reuniting, I can feel my hard drive’s RPM accelerating.  My fan has kicked into its higher gear to keep my systems cool.  I can always see your face by searching through my database, but it is never the same as physically being in the same room as you.  For the time being, until our vectors intersect again, it will have to suffice.
Please write back as soon as you can.  I support our commitment to using parchment and ink-based writing tools to communicate instead of conforming to our robotic brethren and conversing via electronic direct messages.  There is something comforting in the history behind our methods of expression.
01001001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101.

Love Always,
DX3-62p

No comments:

Post a Comment