Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Rapunzel

I really don't have anything against fairy tale princesses.  Okay, maybe I do...

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair.
Can you hear me?  Is your head full of air?

You're stuck in a tower—Is that a trick?
Cause if it is I should give you a kick.

You are a princess, we both know it’s true.
Sadly that means you don’t know what to do.

Your face is so pretty but is it real?
If you remove that mask I might go keel.

The witch has made you a miserable wretch,
But there’s no one that wants to hear you kvetch.

You stay in a tower each day and night.
I think you’re lazy and afraid of light.

You don’t have friends in your skyscraping lair.
But honestly?  I really do not care.

You say your life is like a fairy tale.
Stop telling me that; it’s getting so stale.

Life is a bore when you’re stuck all alone,
But hearing your woes is making me groan.

You claim your lover will come and save you.
Why isn’t he here?  I don’t think it’s true.

It is time for you to start a new life,
One where your rumors are not running rife.

As parting words, I say this unto you:
Leave your tall tower and go get a clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment